Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tips:Toothpaste for acne? Do or Don't?


Hey!
Have you ever heard of using toothpaste on your pimple? Neither have I until I read it on twitter,and decided to try it out!

Credit:http://ow.ly/ou9Pn
It worked for me,but it might not work for all! I bet you're wondering how does it help in curing my pimple? I asked myself the same question so I did some research and here are the benefits of toothpaste!!

  1. Firstly toothpaste works well (for most) as a spot treatment for acne. The triclosan in the toothpaste dries up the oil and kills the bacteria, causing the inflammation of the skin to reduce.
  2. Secondly, the cooling effect of the toothpaste works a little bit like ice and brings down the swelling that is ordinarily the cause of the bump of the zit.
  3. You only need to keep the toothpaste on for 5 minutes to see a difference. It soothes the inflammation and beings down the swelling in a short time.
  4. While you may not be able to find ice, or expensive acne creams everywhere every time, toothpaste for acne is mostly available quite freely.
  5. Lastly, the calcium carbonate in the toothpaste leads to drying up of the pimple. This causes the pore to clear out (relatively) and can keep a zit from appearing there again.
I have been using this method for months now BUT  I recently discovered that it does more harm to your skin then good!

" Toothpaste irritates, burns, causes more breakouts and scars skin. That’s especially true of today’s toothpastes, which have a lot of whitening and bleaching ingredients that are extremely irritating. So save it for your teeth and use a facial cleanser for acne to keep skin clear!"

☆I hope you found this helpful! Enjoy the rest of you day☆
-X♡X♡, ريفان(Refan)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I have also heard about both cons and pros for using that for acne...

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I never knew it was bad either!
      Thanks for dropping by<3

      Delete

Hey!
Thanks for taking time to read my post.What do you think of the post? Comment down below :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...